How to get a Contractors License in Colorado
The State of Colorado regulates General Contractors, master, journeyman plumber or electrician and a fully completed application must be submitted to the Examining Board of Plumbers and State Electrical Board with documentation of experience.
Colorado State Plumber Requirements
Applicants must verify two years (3,400 hours) of practical experience.
- Journeyman Plumber: The maximum experience the board requires for an applicant to qualify to receive a journeyman plumber’s license is four years (6,800 hours) of practical experience.
- Master Plumber: An applicant for a master plumber’s license must furnish evidence of having obtained five full-time years (60 months/9,780 hours) of practical experience.
- One month of full-time experience is equivalent to 163 hours.
Colorado State Electrical Requirements
Applicants for a Colorado residential wireman’s license are required to provide verification of four thousand hours earned in no less than two years of electrical construction wiring experience, for lights, heat, and power.
- Master Electrician: verification two thousand hours earned in no less than one year of planning
- Journeyman Electrician: verification of eight thousand hours earned in no less than four years of electrical construction wiring experience, for lights, heat, and power
Colorado General Contractors are required to pass the #N11 or #N12 ICC Exams. Denver county License Types; General building (Class A, B, C), Demolition/moving, Mechanical, Right of way (Cement Sidewalk, Sewer, Excavating) and specialty class D includes all other trades Roofing, Tenant Finish, Drywall
A1 Contractor Services provides you with:
- Application processing
- Assistance in Scheduling the ICC exams and Colorado exam pram
- County Contractor Registration
- Assistance with letter of references
- Corporate registration with the Colorado Secretary of State including resident agent service
- Monitoring the licensing process including assistance in scheduling you exam and seminar if applicable
- Give professional consultation from start to finish
Additional Colorado Contract Licensing Services:
- ICC Exam National Standard General Building Contractor
- Supervisor Certificate application Assistance
- Pueblo foundations, Solar Hot Water System Certification
- Permit Information for all counties
We have application packages for every state including some counties. A Colorado Contractors License School or home study program will be available for exam prep Contact us today on how to get a contractors license in Colorado.