How to get a Contractors License in Hawaii
Most contractors are required to be licensed in Hawaii. Every licensed contractor must meet experience and examination requirements and are required to maintain worker’s compensation and liability insurance.
Your Hawaii contractors license application fee and all supporting documents must be reviewed in the boards Honolulu office on or before the 20th day of the month prior to scheduled meeting date. The board is scheduled to meet once a month except the month of December.
Hawaii does not reciprocate with any jurisdiction. Therefore, a person shall apply, qualify, and be tested to become licensed in this State. Applicants shall have the necessary experience and/or training to qualify for licensure. The experience and/or training can be in the form of verification of apprenticeship training, verification of licensure, or a notarized signature of a licensed contractor attesting to the applicant’s experience.
Electrician Contractor License Requirements: Journey Worker Electrician; 5 years but not less than 10,000 hours of all aspect of electrical wiring work, primarily involved in residential and commercial wiring. Maintenance Electrician EM 1 year electrical maintenance wiring work or two years electrical trade schooling.
Plumbing Contractor License Requirements: Journey Worker Plumber; 5 years but not less than 10,000 hours of plumbing work in compliance with the Uniform Plumbing Code (UPC). Master Plumber; Registered as a licensed journey worker plumber in this or another state for at least 2 years.
A1 Contractors will assist you in obtaining your Hawaii Contractors License by:
- Completing a complex application required by the Department of Commerce and Consumer affairs.
- Supplying a sample description for all three certificates in support of experience which must be notarized.
- Registering your corporation with the Business Registration Division including resident agent service.
- Obtaining proof of licensure for out of state contractors required by the Hawaii Contractors Board.
- Providing study materials for the law/trade exams.
- Monitoring the licensing process including scheduling your exam.
- Giving professional consultation before and after the license is obtained.
Additional Hawaii Contractor License Services:
- Licensed classification determination
- Registered Agent Service
- Replace RME
- Address Change
- City/County Business license
- Permit Information
We have application packages for every state including some counties. A Hawaii Contractors License School or home study program will be available for exam prep. Contact us today on how to get a contractors license in Hawaii.