Detailed Advertising Guidelines After Obtaining a Contractor’s License in Nevada
Advertising is an extremely important aspect of business, especially for a contractor’s license in Nevada. This is why companies frequently spend a significant portion of their money on advertising. Advertising can make a huge difference in how a company does simply by letting people know it’s a business at all! Small businesses may depend on word-of-mouth but that doesn’t always lead to a large influx of new customers. Advertising may help business in the following ways:
- Increasing exposure
- Establishing a distinct company identity
- Attracting new customers
- Informing potential customers of the benefits of your specific company
There are two main benefits of advertising over other forms of public relations:
- Complete control – In advertising, it is possible to control the exact manner in which a message appears. In other public relations events, the message may get away from you or the delivery may not be exactly as intended. This may lessen the power of the advertising efforts. Direct advertising is a much better way to ensure your company’s message reaches the right people in the right way.
- Consistency – By controlling the advertising, the image and message of a contractor’s license in Nevada may be presented consistently and repeatedly to the right audience. This is very important to make sure the audience actually grasps the message and remembers it. This helps to build awareness and trust. It also helps to establish a distinctive identity associated with the business.
The two largest difficulties inherent in advertising are:
- Planning – Advertising is most effective and cost effective when it is planned ahead of time. Advertising is less expensive when a larger package is purchased, such as several weeks of magazine ads or commercials. Purchasing just a few here and there is not very cost effective.
- Persistence – It is important to realize that just a single ad is not likely to make a big difference in revenue or customer base. As noted above, consistency in exposing the company’s message is very important to increase awareness and trust in the public.
There aren’t many restrictions on advertisements for a contractor’s license in Nevada. It does require certain information, such as the license number, to be listed on all advertisements.
Nevada defines advertising as the following:
- Markings on motor vehicles
- Postings in buildings
- Newspaper, magazine, or airway advertisements
- Internet or directory advertising under the listing of “contractor”
Nevada also bans the distribution of advertising with false or misleading information or representation of material facts. If this misleading information is meant to persuade a customer to use the services of the contractor or to enter into a contract or obligation with the contractor, this is considered unlawful advertising.
These steps can help you create the most effective advertising for your company:
Design the framework
- Determine the long-range goals of the company and determine how they might be achieved. Set measurable goals that can be evaluated after increasing advertising to determine whether it worked as intended.
- Think about how much is reasonable to spend on advertising for a contractor’s license in Nevada. Whatever amount is allocated will never seem like enough and even the biggest companies consider increasing their advertising spending. Take into account where your company currently stands, income, expenses, sales projections, etc. to determine how much should be invested. This amount can range from 1% to as much as 10% of gross income.
Flush out a plan
- What benefits are there that are specific to your company within the field of contractor’s license in Nevada? Consider what exactly your company provides and, more importantly, how that affects your customers.
- Determine the audience. Think about your ideal customer and focus ads around that individual. This can change depending on where in world you are based, who currently is using your company and who you hope to expand to, and how much the ideal customer is willing to spend or what they expect specifically out of your service.
- Think about the competition. Are there specific companies that you wish to distinguish yourself from? Target their weaknesses and express your comparative strengths.
Increase your knowledge
- Be sure to do thorough research on your industry, market, and audience. There are many ways to become informed about these aspects of your business and this knowledge can help you create the best advertisement possible. Some helpful resources may include the Census Bureau and Department of Commerce. Libraries may be a good place to look up relevant information as well as industry groups or publications.
Select your method
- An important step as you determine the message of your advertisement is to determine the method with which you present it. Knowing your audience well can help you make this decision. What are they exposed to? Do they take the bus, read the newspaper, or listen to the radio? It is important to think about their daily lives in order to expose them to your message as much as possible.
- There are many ways to get the name of a company out besides typical newspaper or TV advertising. Imprinting the company name on useful items such as pens, calendars, and other useful items can be a way to integrate the business name into everyday life. This can be especially true if it’s clever, such as a bathroom rug or toilet paper holder for plumbers.
Call us to get the Advertising Tools You Need After Acquiring a Contractor’s License in Nevada
Getting a contractor’s license in Nevada can seem like a daunting task but A1 Contractor Services has decades of licensing experiences. We eliminate the stress on you and provide you with all the tools you need for a successful license and business, including advertisement. Give us a call at (916) 394-1601 for more information.