Once you submit your application for contractors license Nevada, the Nevada State Contractors Board will either approve it or reject it.
In order to obtain a contractor’s license, you will be required to pass business and trade examinations unless you meet the requirements of a waiver. A waiver of an examination is granted under two circumstances:
- if you are currently the qualifying party for a Nevada Contractors license in good standing in the same classification for which the new license is being requested
- if you have been a qualifying party within the past five years for a Nevada Contractors license in good standing in the same classification for which the new license is being requested.
Once the Nevada State Contractors Board authorizes you to schedule the test, view the PSI website to schedule your exam at one of the three locations and order the basic study reference. There are two parts to the exam: The first one, the business management test, is required by all participants and contains questions on state and federal laws, on general management of construction projects and business and financial management. The second test, the trade examination, is not required by all classifications and consists of multiple choice questions.
You are allowed 2 hours to complete the business management exam and 3 hours for the trade exam. Your score will appear immediately after you finish the exam. If you pass, you will immediately receive a successful notification and performance summary on the computer screen. If you do not pass, you will receive an unsuccessful notification on the screen along with a diagnostic report indicating your strengths and weaknesses by examination type. There are three attempts to pass each exam and a waiting period of 2 weeks before any retake attempts. If you fail the third exam, the application becomes void and you can only reapply 30 days or more after the date of the last examination.
If you are in need of a contractors license Nevada contact us today. We’re an experienced Nevada contractor licensing assistance company with competitive pricing. Contact us today and we’ll ease the stress of dealing with state agencies to get your contractor license. Contact us today on how to get a contractors license in Nevada.
Additional Nevada Contractor License Resources:
- Who is Required to have a Contractors License in Nevada
- Licence Classifications
- License Examinations
- Ethical Practice
- Consumer Complaints
- Responsibilities as an Owner or Builder
- Bond Requirements
- Contractor License in Nevada – Tips and guidelines for contractor advertising
- Nevada Contractors License Search, Check or Lookup through the Nevada State Contractors Board